Posted: 19 Jun 2012 05:14 AM PDT
Booker Rising (Jun19,2k12)
Shay Riley collects ins+ts from many points on the political spectrum, for his blog, Booker Rising. This ins+t comes from a point of view I rarely enounter in my reading; this one is from Nadra Enzi ....
Asserts the moderate-conservative Republican blogger and Muslim in New Orleans: "I'm a so-called 'Black Muslim' (a term I like btw) who isn't a member of the Nation of Islam; who also isn't anti-Semitic and who doesn't follow any one spokesperson. I see Islam as what it is: a force for moral and spiritual excellence whose proof is evident in our conduct: obeying the law; no smoking; no drinking; no illegal drugs; no tolerance for criminals and a social ministry that realizes human potential from jail cells to abandoned inner cities."Mr. Enzi continues his commentary about Black Muslims: "Islamists will never gain a beachhead among Black Muslims because our Islamic mission is to build - not destroy. We don't strap bombs on ourselves and kill innocents. While we have concerns about American racism and religious discrimination, we don't follow angry Arabs and others eager for Black foot soldiers. We pull ourselves up from a socially dead level to a civic living perpendicular amidst the same challenges and internal decay as other Americans While Black (AWB). Black Muslims don't plot terror attacks as a rule and organizationally serve as unpaid; un-deputized 'citizen police officers' against the homicide and decline destroying Black America and threatening the whole nation."
No comments:
Post a Comment